Some people may enter therapy for their personal development.
Therapy offers an opportunity to explore, express and reflect on people’s feelings and experiences in a safe, confidential, non-judgmental space. It also offers a possibility of increased self-awareness and a growth towards positive change.
Some of the experiences and difficulties worked with in therapy are:
- Anxiety- Fear- Stress- Panic
- Depression- Self-harm- Low Self esteem/ Confidence- Impact of partner/parental mental health
- Reaching a crisis point/ not being able to cope- Work & Life balance
- Anger- Frustration- Aggression- Bullying
- Shame- Trauma- PTSD- Domestic abuse- Sexual abuse- Childhood abuse
- Relationship issues- Repeating patterns of behaviour- Couple’s relationship and communication difficulties- Divorce
- Family issues- Adoption- Parenting issues- Parent & Child relational dynamics
- Life changes/ transitions- Loss- Bereavement- Long-term illness- Infertility
- Sexuality, sexual identity
- Feeling: stuck/ confused/ passive/ adaptive/ rebellious/ numb/ lost/ unsafe/ invisible/ needy/ not accepted/ not loved/ not belonging/ not mattered/ not bothered/ trying too hard/ not in control/ too controlling